When we’re in a challenging economy, most of us operate from a place of fear.
And fear causes us to either keep our fees the same or to lower them.
But I have a different recommendation for you today. I’m going to challenge you to RAISE your fees—starting today!
Now, before you start thinking I’m crazy and out of touch, hear me out. Because there are many ways to do this wrong … and only a few ways to do it right.
In this week’s short podcast episode I detail 3 ways to raise your fees effectively … even in a difficult economy.
It’s all about thinking of the challenge differently and in a more creative way.
Give this one a listen. I think you’ll walk away with some good ideas.
[00:01:06] Ed Gandia – I challenge you to raise your fees by 10% to your next prospect, not client, prospect, prospective client. Prospects don’t know what you charge. you’re new to them. So once you scope out the project, ask yourself what you think you need to charge.
[00:03:42] Ed Gandia – So here’s my final idea. Offer an advisory or strategy engagement to clients if and when it makes sense. There are lots of possibilities here, but here’s one quick example. Let’s say the the clients or the prospects challenges is they’re not sure exactly what they need. They know they have a problem, but they’re not sure how to solve it with content or copy.
Key topics and bullets
Primary Topic: Three Strategies to Raise Fees
1. Strategy 1: Increase fees for prospective clients
- Recommending raising fees by 10% to 20% for new prospects
- High success rate in getting the prospective clients to accept the higher fee
2. Strategy 2: Bundle services
- Brainstorming additional deliverables to complement the main project
- Offering bundled packages with a range of involvement and deliverables
- Increasing the perceived and actual value of the bundle, allowing for higher fees
3. Strategy 3: Offer advisory or strategy engagements
- Providing advisory or strategy sessions to clients who are unsure of their needs
- Charging for in-depth consultations and recommendations
- Highlighting the value of clarity and actionable plans for clients
By the way… whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your freelance business:
- Grab a free copy of my book.
It’s called Earn More in Less Time: The Proven Mindset, Strategies and Actions to Prosper as a Freelance Writer. The title says it all. ? — Click Here
- Join my implementation program and be a case study.
I’m putting together a new implementation group this month. If you’re earning $5k+/month (or the part-time equivalent) from your freelance business … and you’d like to grow your income quickly with better clients … just email me at [email protected]
- Work with me privately.
If you’re a 6-figure writer who’s trying to earn more in less time, with less stress, I might be able to help you get there faster than you think. Just email me at [email protected] and put “Breakthrough” in the subject line, and I’ll get back to you with more details.