We’re all familiar with to-do lists. But have you ever created a NOT-to-do list?
This is something I did recently.
My NOT-to-do list is a list of things I do but no longer WANT to do.
These are things that no longer serve me and do more harm than good.
But while I recognize that these things aren’t good, I haven’t made a conscious decision to stop.
Writing down this NOT-to-do list was cathartic. It also helped me identify other things to add to my list.
My NOT to-do List
For example, my NOT to-do list includes:
- Not working on weekends
- Not accepting less-than-great clients just to hit revenue goals
- Not comparing myself to others, especially my peers
- Not setting goals based on what others are doing
- Not believing that my biggest value is my time
- Not putting myself last
- Not feeling guilty when I don’t respond quickly to emails.
This list has given me clarity about what I need to work on.
What’s on Your NOT-to-do list?
I invite you to create your own not to-do list.
It may help you identify good things you want to keep doing. And identify things you need to stop because they’re not serving you.
Plus … whenever you’re ready, here are 4 ways I can help you grow your freelance business:
1. Grab a free copy of my book for ESTABLISHED writers/copywriters.
You’ll discover how to quickly and predictably reawaken dead leads, generate new client opportunities and convert not-yet-ready prospects into freelance writing clients. — Click Here
2. Download a free copy of my new book for writers who are NEW to freelancing.
I’ll show you the 3 things you need to do to get your business off the ground safely and land your first paying client faster. — Click Here
3. Join my implementation program and be a case study.
I’m putting together a new implementation group this month. If you’d like to work with me to grow your income quickly with better clients (and become one of my new success stories). Just email me at [email protected] and put “Case Study” in the subject line.
4. Work with me privately.
If you’re a 6-figure writer who’s trying to earn more in less time, with less stress, I might be able to help you get there faster than you think. Email me at [email protected] … put “Breakthrough” in the subject line and I’ll get back to you with more details.