In this episode of The High-Income Business Writing Podcast I interview one of the most knowledgeable and experienced white paper writers in the business: Gordon Graham.
Gordon is the author of the newly released book White Papers for Dummies, a must-read book if you’re considering writing white papers — and an invaluable resource if you’ve been writing white papers for years.
White papers have been critically important in my writing career. They gave me a serious income boost when I needed it most. They’re also fun to research and write, and they’re one of the first types of assignments clients outsource to freelance writers.
The notes that follow are a very basic, unedited summary of the show. There’s a lot more detail in the audio version. You can listen to the show using the audio player below. Or you can subscribe in iTunes or on Stitcher to get this show delivered straight to the Podcasts app on your smart phone, tablet or iPod.
In this session you’ll discover:
- A detailed explanation of white papers, including what they are, who uses them and how they’re used.
- Why white papers continue to rise in popularity in a world of new media and an ever-growing stream of shiny objects.
- The opportunity for writers today. Plus, the future of white papers and how it will impact white paper writers.
- The industries that represent the hottest white paper opportunities for writers (and why).
- How much you can charge for a white paper. Gordon will reveal what he personally charges and what you can quote when starting out.
- Why marketers are struggling to find good white paper writers.
- What makes a good white paper writer, and how to know if this type of writing assignment is for you.
- What if you have no white paper samples? How do you get started?
- And much more!
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- White Paper for Dummies: Table of Contents (Free PDF download)
- White Paper for Dummies: Chapter 1 (Free PDF download)
- White Paper for Dummies: Chapter 2 (Free PDF download)
- White Paper for Dummies: Index (Free PDF download)
I Need Your Help!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show — or if you have any feedback in general — please let me know: ed at b2blauncher dot com.
Also, if you enjoyed this episode, I would be very grateful if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Simply click on the link below.
Leaving me a rating on iTunes will encourage me to keep the show going (hey, I’m only human ;-). Ratings also help others find the show.
Leave a review for Ed’s podcast!
(Once you’re on that page, click on the blue “View in iTunes” button. Then select “Ratings & Reviews” from inside the iTunes app on your computer or device.)
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Click here now to post a tweet.
Thank you again for your support!
Till next time,