When your business gets really challenging, it’s very common to feel like you need to make a drastic move.
Like pivoting to a different target market. Or offering a totally different set of services. Or moving out of freelancing and into a traditional job.
These are very common feelings. And let me tell you … I feel this way at least two or three times a year.
Yes, I really do.
In today’s short episode I share my thoughts and reflections on this dilemma. Whether you’re happy where you are or you feel like a big change is in order, I think you’ll find it useful.
The notes that follow are a very basic, unedited summary of the show. There’s a lot more detail in the audio version. You can listen to the show using the audio player below. Or you can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Key Topics and Bullets:
- Feeling the urge to make a big change in your business
- Considering leaving freelancing and getting a traditional job
- Common and natural feelings experienced by many
- The grass is greener where you water it
- Believing that a full pivot is the answer is a cognitive trap
- Making a big move takes more effort, time, and resources than anticipated
- Greater risk and unknowns in starting from scratch somewhere else
- Clear advantages of a new venture may not be as advantageous as thought
- Making minor adjustments and refinements throughout the year is important
- Building on current momentum is more beneficial than starting from scratch
- Appreciating the current progress and results achieved
- Gaining perspective after making a drastic change
By the way… whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your freelance business:
- Grab a free copy of my book.
It’s called Earn More in Less Time: The Proven Mindset, Strategies and Actions to Prosper as a Freelance Writer. The title says it all. 😉 — Click Here
- Join my implementation program and be a case study.
I’m putting together a new implementation group this month. If you’re earning $5k+/month (or the part-time equivalent) from your freelance business … and you’d like to grow your income quickly with better clients … just email me at [email protected]
- Work with me privately.
If you’re a 6-figure writer who’s trying to earn more in less time, with less stress, I might be able to help you get there faster than you think. Just email me at [email protected] and put “Breakthrough” in the subject line, and I’ll get back to you with more details.